Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun time

1 December, Monday

Didn't realise that it has been a week since I last wrote on the blog. So the readers out there must have been wondering what I have been up to.

Last week was spent in family events. Fun time always pass very quickly.

On last Tuesday, we went to East Coast Park. Kids, hubby and mother in law cycled. Since, I can't cycle, I just enjoy the breeze. Good thing we went on a weekday. It is not so crowded. Poor Angeline fell down from her bicycle and she had a slight abrasion on her knee. Of course, she was crying and daddy insisted that she had to ride the bicycle back to the rest point. Alvin rode ahead to tell us about Angeline's fall. I walked with him to look for Angeline and daddy. She was so glad to see me. We got Alvin to ride her bicycle with daddy, and Angeline had a slow walk with me. She told me that I should buy her the knee and elbow guards, so that if she falls, she will not get hurt. I will remember to buy that for her next time.

To make her happy, I told her that she could buy food that she liked and we went to the HK Cha Chang Ten in the vicinity. Waity very long for the food. Angeline liked it so much that we went back there for dinner. After dinner, we drove past Orchard Road to see the Christmas lighting.

On Thursday, we went to Paragon to have lunch at Thai Express. Met Puay Ai at the restaurant. She had not seen the kids for ages. Angeline wanted Tom Yam glass noodle and I said I would share with her. After ordering, then I realised that Angeline may not be able to take the spice. When the food was served, I also realised that glass noodle is tanghoon. I actually wants to stick noodles. Got them to change with no fuss. Their service is quite good. After lunch, run some errands and brought the kids to Borders to buy books. Their first trip to Borders. By evening time (actually only 5pm+), my energy level dropped and we headed home.

Weekend is the long look forward by the kids for the chalet there. Before we went to the chalet, we had to make a trip to KK Hospital for the kids annual review by the padi (don't know how to spell in full, but you know lah, kids doc) for the annual development review. Angeline cleared with ease, But Alvin has to go back there for appointments with other docs for his skin allergy and attention problems.

By the time we reached Downtown East, kids can't wait to rush to Wild Wild Wet (the water theme park) with daddy, grandmother, cousin and aunt. I skipped the pool as I didn't want to catch any unknown germs or bacterias from the pool. Know my own limit. My body may not fight them. So, no point risking it, right?

Played mahjong for 2 days. Won on first day, but luck ran out on the 2nd night. There was also some Madagascar performance at the foyer area. When the MC asked for 3 volunteers to dance, Alvin was selected. The first chubby boy gave a so-so performance, but the 2nd contestant was really good. He has the good look, dress well and dance like a dancer. When the MC asked Alvin if he could beat the other 2 contestants, he said "Yes" confidently. He got the steps right to the music of "Move it", but his moves were very funny. When it was the results time, it was a tough fight between Alvin and the 2nd boy. We cheered very loudly for him and the MC announced Alvin was the winner. Hooray! He was so happy.

When it's time to go back, Angeline was upset that the holidays were over and she had to head back to books. I told her she actually still have 1 month of school holidays. This silly girl. I guess she missed the fun time that we had as an extended family. This was the first time that we had all gathered together since my mum passing.

We had my grandneice (Yes, I am a grandaunt already and she is older than my kids) to stay over on Sunday. Kids were happy to have another playmate. My sis bought the kids some toys. Obviously they were happy, 'cos I am usually quite strict with them on buying toys and restrict it to special occasion as I don't want to spoil them and think that they can always buy what they want.

Now, I have to work on getting myself in form, so that I will get to enjoy more of such family fun time together. I have not set any target for myself, but I hope that I will continue to achieve the same set, if not better results than my first cycle. My chinese sinseh has warned me that the tumor marker may fluctuate. The real real test will be after the 3rd cycle, when I will undergo the PET scan, which is a more detailed test to check the location of the active cancer cells. Praying very hard that I will get to see improved results by then. That would be my best Christmas present.

2 comments:

puayai said...

hello ... i just met your kids at the wake recently la, so it's not "She had not seen the kids for age" :P

susanteh said...

Hi, nice to read your update :) happy for you. Am going away with the kids for a couple of days through to the weekend.

Continuing to keep you in prayer.

Stay strong & Positive!!