Monday, November 10, 2008

Hair Loss

As I start looking at the floor this morning, I realise that I am dropping more hair than usual. I ask my mother-in-law and she confirms it. Looks like I can activate my friend, who promises to buy me an adidas cap or wig, if I experience hair drop.

Still feeling the usual fatigue. Energy span last me only a few hours, before I need to sleep to recharge. I think the chemo is changing my sleeping and eating patterns. I can't sleep more than 4-5 hours (even at night) and always get hungry every 2-3 hours. Sounds like I am pregnant. Ha! Ha!

Today is my kids' last day of school. Will get more of their "nonsence" when they are home. I told my son that I want to brush up his Chinese, since he didn't fare well for his exam and he yelled "Ahhhhhhhhh!". My daughter is the other extreme. She asks what about her. Well, she did pretty well for her exam, except Maths which she had a few careless mistakes. Now, they are already asking me to get them presents if they fare within certain positions in school. This is so unlike my time, when life is tough and my first exam present from my mum, was after PSLE which I did decently well.

2 more days and I will know the first verdict if my body is responding well to the chemo drugs or not. Fingers crossed.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Ai Bee,

Decided not to call as don't want you overwhelmed with calls. Just want you to know that you are in my prayers and thots constantly. When you are able to and are more up and about let's catch up for lunch.

There was a dear lady by the name of Isobel Wee who was a mentor to me in my days as a student. She came down with cancer. I remember one day going to meet her and when I met her exclaimed, "Mrs Wee, your hair looks slendid!" because she had dyed her hair a shiny brown (she was Caucasian) and it really made her look very good. Mrs Wee beamed back at me and said thank you. Subsequently when I went back home my uni mates smacked me: "You idiot! That was her wig!".

I felt so awful. But it is now 10 over years since that occasion. Mrs Wee survived that fight with cancer tho eventually she moved on from this world as she was quite old. But I always remembered the genuine way in which she beamed back at me and thanked me for the compliment.

I think a similar spirit resides in you - because that is the Ai Bee I know.

hugs
Clarence

Lilin said...

Dearest Sis,

You are battling this ordeal very bravely.Your kids will be very proud of you.We will pray for you...Stay strong...God bless..

Daniel N Lilin

puayai said...

be strong, need help just call, we are always here for you.

Sharon said...

Dear Ai Bee,

I actually heard about your case before I called you on Monday. Not knowing what to say and how to go about, I started talking about our kids.
Just want to say: Be Strong and Courgeous, I will keep you in prayer, God is with you.

加油!
Sharon

Jacquena said...

you got my fullest support. my friend.

susanteh said...

Dear Ai Bee
We are constantly praying for you and your family. In case you need any help, please call. Really.
Susan

Eddie Foo said...

So today Gerard Ee announced that he too has cancer. We've gotta be amazed by his attitude, strength and willpower. He charged on with life all these while, during treatment and has taken on more tasks... If he can, so can YOU!

Gambatte! You will always be in my prayers...

Eddie

lina said...

hey fren....sorry to hear the turn of events... call me if u need some smeone to la kopi or eat b/fast with...am in spore for a couple of days... rgds, lina

Unknown said...

Praying for the results of the Chemo. any problems with the doc drop me a line.

FJ