Thursday, November 13, 2008

A new me!

Thursday, 13 Nov

Realised that the date and time on the blog is not the actual time of my posting. Probably that is US time. Anyway, I shall date it so that there is proper sequencing.

I had my hair cut on Tuesday, after realising that I am dropping more hair than usual. So, for those who have not met me for a while. my hair length is now above shoulder, very much about the same length that I used to maintain after giving birth to my twins.

Read about Gerald Ee's health condition. Well, if he has a free liposuction, I am getting free slimming session from XXX salon (guess not good to mention any slimming centre, since nobody pays for my endorsement fee). I guess, if there are so many cancer survivors (get to know a friend of mine had gone through radiation and chemo, without anyone of us knowing about it) and I am in the midst of reading Lance Armstrong's book on his recovery route, I should also have a very good chance of going through the ordeal and be a stronger person in the process.

Tomorrow will see the results of first tumor marker, to see if I am responding well to the drug. I have said this many a times, so I guess it does show my anxiety. Nonetheless, I will still be facing this strongly, as my chinese sinseh had said that it may be premature to conclude if the drug is working after the 1st cycle.

My hubby is standing besides me and reading the blog as I am typing. Free massage too! :-) He has full confidence that the drug is working well on me, as he sees that I am very much my usual self (except occasional complaints of stomach bloatedness).

Brought my kids and mother-in-law out today to watch Madacascar. Really entertaining show for the family. Hubby complains that we have left him out. Sorry.

I guess to a certain extent, I am enjoying myself much better. Away from work stress and rushing into the MRT in the morning, spending time with my family (now I got time to coach my son on his languages since he has not performed well for his exam) and also for myself. Doing reading, watching TV serials, sleeping, praying. So, it is not such a bad episode after all.

And of course, many thanks to all the friends out there who are constantly praying for my recovery.

7 comments:

Ai Bee said...

Hi mummy, alvin here. I enjoy the movie today, thanks mum. I love you. Stay strong and positive.

Dear mummy, just found out that you have bile duct cancer. Stay strong and positive.
Angeline

Hi honey, I wrote after the two kids. Do stay positive and press on. We need you as long as we live ! Luv u always... 大肚婆

puayai said...

all the best to your test result tmr.
you hv such a loving family :)

Jacquena said...

when is the last time you actually stop by to smell the flowers when you pass by a florist or a garden. Maybe this is a good chance for you to look at things that we didn't realised they are are when are so busy working. ya stay strong!!! sorry if i didn't call you enough to tell you that i am fortunate to have you as a pal. good luck to your result tomorrow. i will pray for you every nite (must be after Anabel & Xavier are asleep, i worry they will interupted the comversation between me and God, to tell him that you are more needed here.)please post your new hair do photo.

susanteh said...

Your kids are great.If you need us to come baby sit your kids, just let us know!
Stay strong and positive.

kuanghui said...

Hi aibee,
all the best to your check up tomorrow. Will be praying for you. My wife and I have bought a crystal bracelet for you (was told by the jade seller that it brings positive energy to people who are undergoing treatment). i was trying to find a convenient time to visit you. let me know when.... hope to see you soon.... meanwhile be strong...

Richard Low said...

Hey Ai Bee, G'day from Sydney!

Stay strong and positive! You and your family have been in my prayers. Once you get better, drop by down under! and i'll show you around :)

Ai Bee said...

Thanks Richard, Will sure visit Australia again, since we like it there. Also, with the currency advantage now, sure stretch the dollars.