Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fighter

20 November, Thursday



Thankfully I only have fever on 1 day and the sore throat goes away after Monday. I realised that actually cancer is such a common illness nowadays that it seems someone I know will have a relative or friend/colleague who is also having cancer. Cancer is not a death sentence. As you would have followed comments from my friends, there are many survivors out there. I am sure I will be one of them.

For those of you who have not have bought your own H&S and critical illness insurance policies, I think you should get one yourself, instead of relying on the insurance coverage from your employer. Trust me, it is never going to be enough for the medical costs that you need to pay. I am not selling insurance here (since I don't get any commission out of this), but I think it is the least bit that you can do for yourself & your family members.



Over the weekend, I read an newspaper article about a young female teacher, 28 years old and passed away due to cancer. She broke off from her boyfriend, for fear of giving him extra burden. Not sure if this is a wise decision that she has chosen. In time of crisis, I think we need to feel the love of our family members and friends to boost our morale and lift the spirits.

2 comments:

Lilin said...

Aibee Sis,

Keep it up.You have already won the battle by being so strong and optimistic.With great support from your lovely family ,relatives and friends,you will pass this test.We will continue to pray for you...

Luv,Daniel & Lilin

Jacquena said...

Ai Bee, don't be put down by these physical weakness. We are all human... Tired, just go & rest. Keep up!!! You are the best fighter!! I will continue to pray for you.