Friday, November 14, 2008

GREAT NEWS!

14 November 2008, Friday

Great news, and hot from the oven!

The tumor marker result was better than I expected. Before treatment, the reading was 884. Today reading was 335. A drop of >50%. Yipee!!!! I will continue to keep my spirit up and win this war with flying colours!
Had a discussion with the oncologist today and asked about my shelf life. He told me that textbook answer would be 6 months, but that is based on bell curve concept. However, his opinion of me is that I should be on the upper end of the bell curve, given my current physique and age advantage. That sounds assuring. :-)

Many thanks to all friends out there who have been praying daily for me. Of course, I have also been praying myself, and Angeline comes in occasionally as guest prayer.

I met this gutsy lady, while waiting for my turn for chemo. She is probably in her 60s or 70s (I'm never good at telling people's age). She told me that she had a major colon surgery and is now into her 8th chemo treatment. She shares with me her daily potion (asparagus and lemongrass) and swears by it. She says that she usually goes for her chemo treatment alone, as she feels that it is a waste of her family member's time to sit through the waiting session (which can be as long as 2 hours) and her chemo session of 2 hours. Suddenly, it makes me feels like a weakling, that I always need my hubby to be with me for all sessions (regardless whether it is seeing the western or chinese doc, or for the chemo and lab test). Well, I just want the company, so that I won't be lonely and feel pathetic. Not too much to ask for it, right? But this lady besides me is so independent. Role model to look up to?

8 comments:

Lilin said...

Sis,

Congrats on the results.Your adorable twins are praying for you too.You will win this battle.Look forward to seeing you soon..)

Luv,
Daniel & Lilin

Nana said...

Hugs
Love, Nana

meilai said...

Hi aibee,

that is really great news!!! do continue to stay strong and positive like you have always been. should you need any help, pls feel free to shout. Been keeping you in my prayers and will continue to do so.

love, meilai

puayai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
puayai said...

if you need someone to accompany you to your chemo session, do give me a call, ok?

NorthEast said...

Ai Bee

Congrats on the great news. I now have my blog links to yours.

BL

kuanghui said...

congratulations ai bee.... stay positive and we will continue to pray for you....

susanteh said...

So happy to hear this news. You're always in our prayers -- hey, this is not "Ai Bee's Journey" alone, 'k? :-) Hugs. susanteh