Monday, December 1, 2008

Children are sick :-(

2 December, Tuesday

Both kids were coughing when we returned from the chalet on Sunday. Most probably my fault that I didn't get them to drink more water and the late nights that they had on Friday & Saturday didn't help. I am also the culprit for feeding them ice cream with chocolate milk on Friday.

Last evening, Angeline came to me and told me that she measured her temperature and she had a fever. I got a shock and measured her temperature again. She was right. Running a fever at 38 degree. We quickly gave her paracetamol, ice pack on her forehead and get her to sleep in the air-conditioned room.

At night, she recovered a bit, but still running a slight fever. I told her that she could not sleep with me and she was visibly upset. I felt bad about it, but no choice as I am going to start my 3rd chemo cycle on this Sat and can't afford to fall sick.

When I went to buy her cough medicine this morning in the clinic, there were many sick people (adults and kids). Must be the flu season now with rain and sunshine fighting for a space.

Really hope that the kids recover quickly.

3 comments:

puayai said...

get them to rest more, drink more water and take their med. Probably just tired out fr having too much fun :) You all take care!

Unknown said...

Will pray for the whole family's health. Keep your energy up.

meilai said...

oh dear, hope they are better now! pls take care of yourself too.