Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rollercoaster

11 December, Thursday

Went to see my chinese sinseh on last Tuesday. Thanks to Lee Chiang for being there with me. The chinese sinseh explained that the tumor marker may not have dropped as much as the previous cycle, it could be that the cancer cells are building resistance against the medicine. Nonetheless, since there was still some decline, it means that the drug is still working well on me. I would need to closely monitor that should the tumor marker increase, may have to discuss with the oncologist to change the medication. The best indicator will still be the CT Scan on 22 Dec 08, as that would determine the progress internally. Fingers crossed.

My weight is also on a rollercoaster ride. I noted that my weight has increased about 1-2kg over the last month. However, in the last few days, it has dropped back to almost 65kg. Still a little better than before I started the chemo treatment. The weight drop could be due to the stomach bloatedness, which somewhat affect my appetite. I have been telling myslef that no matter what, must still eat some food to sustain the energy.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Ai Bee, your positive attitude will always for the best medicine. Stay happy. Will have you in mind always. :)

Ai Bee said...

Mummy

The word'myself'should be'm-y-s-e-l-f',not'm-y-s-l-e-f'.You did the wrong spelling.

Angeline