Saturday, December 13, 2008

3rd cycle

14 December, Sunday

I had my chemo treatment yesterday. This is my 6th chemo treatment and will complete the 3rd cycle of treatment. So far progressing quite well. However, I realise that I have reduced my liking for fish. Just last night, I barely had a few mouth of fish and don't feel like eating the fish any more. So, I end up eating cabbage for dinner. Probably my change of diet has to do with my stomach bloatedness. Been having this problems for weeks and even with the medication from the oncologist doesn't help much. The chinese medicine helps a little, but it seems like the bloatedness tend to return at night or near meal times and this will affect my appetite. So, I end up taking some snacks in between.

I also started to feel cough, throat infection and running nose symptoms (itchy nose and sneezing) coming yesterday morning. Was a little bit concern if my white blood cells will flare up and I can't have my chemo treatment yesterday. Luckily, the white blood cells was only out of range a little and I could continue with my chemo treatment. After that, I went to see the chinese sinseh, to get my body back in shape. Feel a little better this morning, after the change of prescription from the sinseh. I think she is really GOOD.

Kids are still not well. Angeline is progressing, although she still has some cough. But now is her brother's turn to be sick. He has fever on Thursday and Saturday, coughing for the last few days and start to have running/blocked nose last night. He was still active yesterday, but seem to be more tired this morning. Still has not woke up yet, as usually he will be awake by 8am+. Looks like his body is telling him to rest. Hope both of them get well soon.

3 comments:

susanteh said...

I hope you're responding well to this round of chemo. Take care. If possible, try not to worry too much about the children -- I'm sure they'll get well with enough rest and water.

Unknown said...

Have a good Christmas week. Will be praying for the family's health.

will be travelling so have a Happy New Year too. Keep fighting.

Jacquena said...

Bee, Can we come & visit you this sat? I got lunch appt to meet jaslyn for our X'mas gathering. What time we can come. I have not seen you for while a while. I have been not feeling too well lately, maybe due to my new diet.