Tuesday, December 23, 2008

23 December 2008, Tuesday

Yesterday morning I went for my CT scan and blood test at NCC. In the afternoon, I received a call from the hospital that my potassium level (which is related to heart) was too high. So, I need to go back to the hospital for re-test and do ECG. The doctor (initially I didn't know that I was speaking to a doctor as he did not identify himself) explained that the potassium level could be high due to the bad sample that was taken (red blood cells in the sample was broken) or if the re-test shows that the potassium level is still high, I will need to be admitted. I really got a scare and rushed down to the hospital in a cab.

Cut the story short. I cleared the re-test and ECG. Phew! I though since I was already in the hospital, I asked for a copy of the blood report, hoping that my tumor marker will show reduction. The bad news is that the tumor marker has increased from 318 (in the 2nd cycle) to 376 (higher than the first cycle). I was worried and diasppointed and didn't discuss with the MO. Not sure if my body system has become smarter and building resistance against the drug???

Was quite moody when I reached home. Coupled with my gal's illness (she has been having stomach bloatedness since Sunday night and vomited on Monday morning), it really made me feel lousy. I have been telling myself that the CT scan is a more accurate test and not to scare myself. Will have to wait till next Tuesday to get the result from the oncologist.

I manged to perk myself to go out for lunch appointment with my colleagues and after that, had tea with my long time girlfriends. This helped to brighten my day a bit. Also, hubby checked with his colleague and told me that it is usual that the tumor marker may yo-yo a bit. This calms me a little.

When I reached home after the temple prayer, I saw a christmas hamper from my ex-colleague in HSBC. It is very thoughtful of them to think of me. I also received a parcel from a ex-secretary, cheering me up. This really brighten me up and felt blessed.

Before I start writing this blog, I checked out my friend's hubby website and looked at the nice wedding pictures that he has taken. It is really nice and heartwarming. Anybody who needs a wedding photographer should look for him! (free advertisement for you, Yu Hsin) For a moment, I am telling myself again that I am going to fight and win this battle and I am going to witness the wedding for both of my kids.

Christmas is just round the corner. Kids will be sleeping over at a relative's house tomorrow. I will get to have some quiet time with hubby. Here wishing all my friends out there a merry merry and joyous christmas!

4 comments:

puayai said...

Yes, it was wonderful catching up for tea! I really had a great time. And thanks for the free ad for Yu Hsin :-)

susanteh said...

Ai Bee, we'll continue praying for you and your family.

Lilin said...

Dear Mummy,
I am at Shen Shen's house now.
Merry X'mas!Don't worry about me,stay strong & positive.I will support you all the way:-)

Take care!

Lots Of Love
Angeline

Lilin said...

Hi Mummy,

I am Alvin.I am at Shen shen's house.Merry Christmas to you.Get well soon.i love you.

Love,Alvin