Thursday, April 2, 2009

So far so good

2 April 1009, Thursday

It has been a week since I am on the new treatment. Don't get the regular pain now (fingers crossed). However, I was down with cough since the weekend and it only turns better since yesterday. Not sure if the cough is the side effect of the new drug (which is stated in the medicine brochure) or I got it from my gal, who has been coughing for almost 2 weeks (since we come back from the Sentosa trip).

Energy level zaps usual during evening time, but I may not get to sleep easily as my sleeping medicine (which actuaaly is the oral chemo drug) is now stopped and replaced with Avastin, which goes into my body intravenously.

I pant easily, even after a short walk. Advanced old age. Ha! Ha! I was telling my hubby the other day that I used to walk faster than my mother-in-law. Now, it's the other way round.

I have also lost a bit of weight recently. About 2 to 3 kg. Not much changes in the appetite though. The chinese sinseh explained that as my body is fighting internally, it also consumes a lot of energy. Hope this is not about wasting. (wasting means the cancer cells are feeding onto the nutrients and fats, etc and eventually I will be thin like bamboo). I guess, for once, I am thankful that I am on the heavy side. So, it does have some buffer. :-)

1 comment:

Anything Serendipitous said...

ha ha...it's great to see that you still have a great sense of humour... just want to let you know that i check out your blog rather frequently, and i am pleased to see that you're upbeat and positive...

thinking of you...