Thursday, April 23, 2009

Progress update

23 April 2009, Thursday

Went for PET scan this morning at SGH. First time that I had early appointment, and it really makes a difference. I completed the test within 3 hours, whereas previously, it took me 4-5 hours (including waiting time) to complete the test.

The report will be available tomorrow. When I came home in the afternoon, I was exhausted. Took 2 naps.

Energy level these days are better. Surely a good sign, I hope. Weight level is still 2-3 kg lower than those family shoots that were taken in Jan 09, but otherwise, generally I feel ok. The headaches are not coming so frequently as the initial period of the new treatment.

Really hope that this new treatment will work better. Hubby and my TCM doctor are pragmatic about this progress. Whenever I have a new treatment, the tumor marker will drop quite significantly. Subsequently, the tumour marker will plateau or even go higher (probably the cancer cells have grown smarter and mutate). That's when the current treatment is losing its effect and I will need to go on new treatment. But I really hope that the tumor marker will continue to decline. Have been sincerely praying for it.

No comments: