Friday, August 7, 2009

Progress update

8 Aug 2009, Saturday

It has been a while since I last update the blog. Haven't been well, so no energy to write.

The diarrhoea situation improved since I was discharged from the hospital on 29 Jul. Appetite improves progressively and I started to take solid food on last Sunday. Well, the good situation only last for 2 days.

On Wednesday (5 Aug), I was back to see Dr Toh. The tumor marker went up from 143 to 333. Not surprising, since I was off from the cancer drugs for 2 weeks because of my diarrhoea. Dr Toh changed the chemo drugs. Now, I need to be on drip for 2.5 hours every 2 weeks at NCC, where 2 types of chemo drugs will be administered intravenously one after another. In addition, I continue my oral cancer drug.

After the drip on Wednesday afternoon, Anthony said my face looked as pale as a sheet of white paper. I was also having gastric pain. But actually the pain comes from the compression of the organs in the upper abdomen and it sends the pain sense to the gastric spot. Really tough on that day. Also, the new chemo drug has a side effect of causing numbness and pain on the hand where the drip is poked. Even until today, I can still feel some pain and numbness sensation.

On Thursday, I had low grade fever. Pop fever medicine twice, then it settled down. Been sleeping a lot, particularly in the afternoon, as my sleep at night is disturbed by nature calls. Hence, feel lethargic on most part of the day.

Also, I have been sweating a lot. Regardless of the weather condition or whatever thing that I am doing (or sometime doing nothing), I perspire a lot until my hair is wet, as though I have just finished washing my hair.

Last night, there were 2 episodes of diarrhoea. I quickly took the anti-diarrhoea medicine last night and this morning. Hope it will work. Nonetheless, at least when I woke up this morning, I feel that I seem to have more energy compared to the last few days. Maybe it is the National Day feeling, so energy level also improves. Ha! Ha!

4 comments:

puayai said...

take care, keep up the fighting spirit!

susanteh said...

take care ai bee. praying for you.

Kum Ee said...

Continue to be strong! I am rooting for you!

Junkey said...

hang in there!!!