Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hospitalisation

30 Jul, 2009 Thursday

I finally got myself admitted into SGH, after 8 days of diahorrea. My girlfriend says that I have a high threshold for pain. Ha! Ha! Actually, I scared to go hospital, knowing that I will be admitted. True enough, I stayed in the hospital for 5 days, from 24 Jul to 29 Jul.

Initial diagnosis was intestine infection. But all the tests done shows negative. Nonetheless, I was treated with 2 course of antibiotics and 2 types of anit-diahorrea medication.

The cancer medication and TCM medicine are stopped for the time being, for fear that it might trigger the diahorrea again, particularly the western medicine which list diahorrea as a possible side effect. TCM doc thinks that it is not likely her medication that trigger it. So, will resume TCM medication tomorrow.

The PET scan results was a mixed bag of results. Some cancer cells got improvement or stabilised, and some shows some deterioration. 2 new cancer cells spotted on the liver. So, the oncologist has to change the current cocktail of medication. With each change of medication, the costs just doubled. It costs approx $3K+ for every 3 weeks of chemo drugs. Then it increased to $5K+. Now, just for the new drug alone (one 1 type), it costs $2K for 1 dosage of medication for 2 weeks. And the doc will increase to 2 dosage per day. Luckily, I have the insurance company to cover most of the costs. Otherwise, will be bankrupt soon. So, friends, please go and review all your insurance policies, particularly on H&S to make sure that you are adequately covered (not that I am cursing you, but you never know what might happen).

1 comment:

puayai said...

hope you are recovering well ...