Saturday, August 29, 2009

Life partner

30 August, 2009 Sunday

Many a times, we complain about our spouse and wish that we are not married and get into all this marital mess. If you asked me one year ago, I would have agreed totally. But now, my perspective has changed.

For the last 2 hospitalisation, I was glad that my hubby was with me and sent me to the hospital. Otherwise, not sure how to handle the kids at home, or I may have to go to hospital alone. Sure to feel lousy, as already in pain and no company. Luckily, Anthony was back from his business trip and was able to be there with me.

As we age, we need a pillar of strength. Our spouse is our pillar of strength. And of course, without him, I cannot have produce my lovely twins. When I was in the hospital, I witnessed old couple, usually the husband (since I was in the women's ward) will come to visit their wife daily without fail. It is so heart warming. We never know who will be the weaker half, but whatever it is, we need each other for the support. As we grow old, the children will leave us and lead their own life. It will be just you and your spouse, giving each other physical, mental and moral support. Do not underestimate this and think that it's ok, I have other friends and family members to support. The feeling is different.

So, ladies out there. Stop complaining about your husband and learn to appreciate the better part of him. Otherwise, we would not have marry them, right?

No comments: