Thursday, August 13, 2009

Health is very important

14 August, 2009 Friday

Got more energy lately, but it only lasted till evening. By night time, energy level drops to zero. So, I will back in bed by 9pm to 10pm. Sweating still continues. Doc says that is the side effect of the new chemo drug that I am taking.

I was back at the NCC clinic on last Tuesday. Gastric point pain really bothers me throughout the day. It can come anytime (including middle of the night) and the magnitude can also differ. Also feel nauseated, particularly during dinner time and poor appetite. Doc increases the dosage of my regular painkiller and add another one to be used on when necessary basis. Also, he gives me another anti-vomit medicine.

The gastric point pain seems to settle down after I increase the dosage of the painkiller. But the nausea feeling is really getting to my nerve. It feels like as though I am pregnant. Appetite still not back to the usual yet, particularly dinner. It is a chore for me to eat dinner now as I tend to feel like vomitting. Energy level at night is also bad. Want to help kids with their CA2 preparation also got no energy.

Have lost 2-3 kg over the last month. I have stopped my mediation for now. Not sure if it is the cause of all this upset. I never felt so down since the start of the chemo last year. So, I am back to chanting religiously, targeting 4 hours everyday. Will be going to Tokyo on next Thursday 20 Aug for 5 days for pilgrimage. Hope things will improve from then on.

From this episode, it really wakes me up. I have been having a relatively easier time until June 09 and health starts to deteriorate a bit. Energy level not back to usual self yet. So pals, sorry can't have lunch in town with you gals & guys until I recover better.

A lot of time, we tend to take things for granted. Health, family, friendship are all important to us, but we often neglect them in the pursuit of career and wealth. Need to strike a balance (although easier said than done) before it is too late!

3 comments:

Haiyin said...

Dear Ai Bee,
Behind you all the way!
为你加油!

HaiYin

Joan said...

Take care and you will always be in my prayer. Kum-ba-tei!!!

Unknown said...

Press on Ai Bee. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Pui teng
Ex colleague from PwC