Sunday, October 18, 2009

Irony

18 October 2009, Sunday

Life is full of irony. When our health is in good shape, we take it for granted. Look at the number of smokers on the street, young and old, man and women and this includes the male relatives I have in my family. Luckily my hubby is not a smoker. If not, I would have kick him out!

Smoking is one of the cause for many types of cancers and other health problems, but smokers choose to ignore them. I always wonder why smokers burn their money and health away. If there is any smoker out there, please englighten me.

A relative of mine is suspected of having early stage of cervical cancer. But it is so preliminary that the doctor is not giving her any treatment. Only tell her to come back 6 weeks later. She did try the TCM doc whom I visited, but she does not take the medicine regularly. She told her mum that if the cancer really materialise, she will just commit suicide. I have told her that I am a living example of a cancer patient. She has not seen the worse yet. At the early stage and given that it is cervical cancer, she has very high survival rate, but she choose to ignore it.

Another relative is involved in a traffic accident and indirectly caused the deatth of a young girl (19 years old). He stubbornly insisted that he was not at fault. I told him, nonetheless, he had to be responsible for his rash act on the road. At the very least, he should offer prayer for the deceased, so that she can have an easier life in her next life. Till now, he still hasn't do it yet.

Not sure whether is it that I am getting old or what, I really cannot understand the mindset of the 20s. Did our parents have the same problems when we are in our 20s too?

No comments: