Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Round 3 for new treatment

6 May, Wednesday

Will be going to do my blood test for the 2nd cycle tomorrow and see oncologist on Friday. I think all the staff in the hospital will be mask up because of the H1N1 virus.

Am I nervous? Probably. Usually after the initial good results, the tumor marker will hover and bounce up. That's when the oncologist will decide that I need new treatment.

I like my current treatment. I have more energy and stop losing hair. Can play badminton for 0.5h with my son. That's a record, as I was not able to do that when I was having chemo.

What have I been doing in between? Drilling my son for his mid year exam. My gal is ok with her studies and she is more independent. So can leave her alone. But my son's language subjects are atrocious, despite years of tuition that he has gone through. And of course, also spend more time in my religious praying. It gives me a sense of strength to keep on going...going...going....

No comments: