Friday, May 8, 2009

9 May, Saturday

I was very happy with my blood test results yesterday. For the first time, all my liver indicators are in the normal range. White blood cells is also in the normal range, despite the I was having mild sore throat and onset of flu coming (itchy nose symptoms). A toast to myself!

Dr Toh is also happy with my PET scan report. He says that the PET scan report shows that the middle section of the cancer cells in the liver (that's the biggest cancer lesion in my body) has increased mass that shows that the cancer cells are dead. The only active cancer cells are in the perimeter of the mass. Also, the cancer cells on the lymph nodes has also shown reduced in the activity level.

Initially he said that, from the summary report, there seems to be an increase in the cancer cell activity on the area above my left kidney. But when I pointed to him on the detailed report, where the reading actually shows a drop, instead of an increase as described in words, then he says the reading should be more accurate. Phew! What a scare.

I am continuing on with the same treatment. Although the tumor marker has dropped only 2 points, now 188 vs 190 previously, he thinks that I am responding well with the new treatment. Press on!

6 comments:

puayai said...

Yes, yes, press on ... the report is a good mother's day gift, ya?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Lee Chiang said...

Yes, many good signs indeed, so press on Ai Bee!

Cheryl said...

Soon those on the perimeer will be gone too! Hurray!
Happy Mother's Day Ai Bee! - Wan Cheng

susanteh said...

Yippee! Press on!

Anything Serendipitous said...

This is fantastic news, my friend. Happy Mother's Day!!

meilai said...

Great to hear that all is going well!! That is a indeed a timely Mothers' Day present for you. Press on! ;-)

mei lai