Sunday, December 27, 2009

Home nurse visit today

28 December 2009, Monday

The Home Care nurse will visit today. Will have tonnes of questions to ask them on how to manage my fluid bag and some pain management stuff, but mostly more on the operational aspect for the water bag. Still have not figure out exactly what is the correct procedure for cleaning.

Initially, we have been thinking that the fluid in my body is subsiding, but Anthony thinks something is not right. So, I tried sitting up when changing for the water bag. Over the last 2 days, fluid flows out more, which means that I am not getting better as I thought I was. Sigh.

In better spirits over the weekend. Can pray more, which helps me to find solace. This helps a lot in me finding inner peace.

Get to sleep better at night too. Used to wake up, every 1 to 2 hour. Now, it improves. I can sleep through 3 to 4 hours per session during the night, before being disturbed for itchness and requires sponging.

Physically, I am still tired. Try not to sleep in the day too much, as it might affect my sleep at night. So, have to try to find something to do to keep myself awake.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I will still be a fighter to fight on. Need to continue to pursue the driving force that helps me to overcome this challenging period. Doc had predicted 3 to 6 months life span for me. I have exceeded it, and now into the 14 months. Must maintain the positive attitude and calmness in one's mind to conitnue fighting with the cancer cells, although the oncologist at this moment, has run out of medicine for me.

Please pardon me in my flow of thoughts. I am actually quite sleepy. So, may not have constructed the blog properly. But the gitz is still out there.

5 comments:

Lee Chiang said...

Hang in there Ai Bee! Take one day at a time and live it the best you can. We are praying for you!

susanteh said...

Praying for you Ai Bee! Many, many of us are praying for you.

Fiona Lim said...

Ai Bee,

Continue praying as we will also for you.

There is a saying ..... "FEED YOUR FAITH AND YOUR FEARS WILL STARVE TO DEATH". So much of your courage emanates from your deep faith. Hang on- God will motivate and comfort you ....!!

Fiona

meilai said...

Dear Ai Bee,

you have come a long way in this journey. Know that you are loved by many many people. Live each day to the fullest and take one step at a time. May the Lord continue to bless you with much love and strength. Will continue praying for you.

Love,
Mei Lai

Unknown said...

Praying and thinking of you and your family.

You are the most positive fighter I know. Don't give up.

Fung Jen