Saturday, June 6, 2009

Missing in Action?

6 June, Saturday

Sorry for not updating my blog. Didn't realise that it has been a few weeks ago that I last updated.

Just got my blood tests results yesterday. The tumor marker has dropped from 188 to 172. Still a long way to go, but as long as it is going southwards, I can still continue with the same treatment. Some of the liver indicators and white blood cells are slightly out of range, but it is still acceptable. Yesterday, I didn't get to see Dr Toh. It was a registrar who seen me. I asked him how long would I need to continue on the current treatment, he said I would continue until it loses its effect, which can be detected through the tumor marker. I like this current treatment. It gives me more energy, although there are some minor side effects, such as blisters on my hand and fingers and mouth ulcers. These side effects are still bearable. :-)

Have been really busy lately, with kids now on school holidays. Have to think of activities to keep them occupied. I must say that they are quite obedient. Still willing to do work during the school holidays. Dig out my son's old kumon worksheets and they are willing to do it. Will need to work on my son's weak areas, such as English writing and comprehension and Chinese; and my daughter to get her to brush up her Chinese too.

We also went for a movie treat, Monsters vs Aliens. Quite a funny show. The kids enjoyed it and we had Swenzens after that. Luckily the kids didn't have cough after that. Otherwise, I will get the blame, as my kids have weak lungs as they tend to develop cough after eating cold stuff.

I am also into the qigong. Cleared the 1st step. 4 more steps to go and this is only just the beginning. According to those who return from the Chinese school, the teacher says that one must practice for 5 hours daily, so that it can cure the illness. Wow, this is like working, man!

No comments: