Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Spring cleaning

5 February 2009, Thursday

When I was helping with the spring cleaning on the last day of pre-CNY, it brought back memories of my childhood days.

My father was a newspaper vendor for as long as I can remember. So, there were only a handful of off days for us, as we also helped him with mending the newspaper stall. On the last day of pre-CNY, we would be busy cleaning the house as a family, while my mum would be cooking. The food would be first offered to the ancestors, before we sat down and eat. Usually, the last chore for the night would be washing and mopping the floor and we would leave the honourable task to my elder brother. Those were the days....

So this year, my hubby got the kids to help with cleaning the doors and windows on areas that they could reach. They were enthusiatic and helped for a while. But soon they got bored. Well, I hope this memory will stay with them, just as they had stayed with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good to hear that your energy levels are up. Take care still in my thoughts and prayers

Lim Geok Bue said...

Just knew it from Pheck Swee. It is glad to know you are recovering.
God bless you!