Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shin

5 February 2009, Thursday

I started writing on the blog, after watching the documentary show on Shin and reading her blog. For those who don't her, Shin is a Korean American who has breast cancer and subsequently the cancer has spread to multile organs, including her lung and brain. She is a woman full of zest and energy, even though I do not know her personally.

It is also from her that I start to think about what will happen to my family when one day I am no longer around with them. Of course, I hope that one day will not come so quickly, but life is so unpredictable. It does not matter how long you live, but the quality of the life that you have lead.

Shin has passed away on 27 January 2009 and has donated her body for cancer research. Even in her death, she is still thinking about how she can help others. What a remarkable woman!

She will constantly be my source of energy, even though that she is no longer around. She has brighten the light for many people and I hope that I will be able to emulate what she has done. May she rest in peace.

No comments: