Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Test results

11 November, 2009 Wednesday

Everytime before the visit to the oncologist, I will go to NCC 1 or 2 days earlier for blood test and Dr Toh will review the blood test results with me during consultation. The feeling is always like a primary school girl, earnestly waiting for her test results.

The tumor marker has jumped to 284, as expected since I was off the chemo drugs for 2 weeks. So, Dr Toh told me to resume my regime. I told him about my chest seizure and chest pain. Had a X-ray done, but nothing shows up. Well, not sure whether this is good thing or not, but I still do not have answer to explain where I am having chest pain for almost 2 months.

Since the discharge from the hospital stay, my appetite deteriorates, especially during dinner time. Tend to get nausea feeling in the midst of dinner, despite I have taken anti-vomnit medicine. Also, I go to the toilet more frequently for big business. Not daihorrea, but usually in small quantity and it irritates me that I have to wash the wound each time I do big business. Now, I don't even dare to pass wind as I am not sure what would be the output. (Sori, a bit gross to discuss this here. Hope you won't puke out your food)

I am going to Japan again on 21 Nov for my 2nd pilgrimage, bringing my gal along. I was thinking very hard if I should go for H1N1 vaccination jap. No doctor can answer my questions, as this is a new drug and there is not enough information on the possible side effects or consequences to cancer patients who are still on treatment. Really troubled. Don't know what to do.

NCC has finally caught up that I stayed in the private ward (4 bedder) for all my hospital stays, so now I am being classified as non-subsidised patient. The savings foregone will be gst on the invoices, 50% on lab test and higher consultancy fees. I asked the doctor what can be done. He said I would need to see a medical social worker. I think forget about about it, since there is not much savings in the first place and the heavy costs are the chemo drugs and counter drugs which are not subsidised anyway. So friends, one day I may raise a fund raising exercise to fund my treatment, since I will be on half pay from next month onwards. Ha! Ha!

No comments: