Thursday, March 26, 2009

No chemo

26th March 2009, Thursday

7th chemo cycle didn't proceed as planned as my tumour marker has gone up again, from 262 to 326. The oncologist suddested that I should do a PET scan first and decide what to do next. If my tumour marker has dropped, he will press on with the chemo cycles to complete up till 8 cycles. Unfortunately, the last 2 tumour marker readings had gone up.

Went for PET scan yesterday. The results will be out tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have also told doc that I am experiencing pain (and more frequently in the last 2 weeks) at the liver area where the cancer cells are. I asked him if this was a sign of deterioriation and he nodded his head. No matter what, I still have to keep my spirit up! My girlfriend was analysisng with me that the only 2 changes during the 6th cycle is the alkaline water that I started drinking from mid Feb and the increased dosage for one of the oral chemo drug. Not sure if this could be the reason that I am experiencing the pain. So, she suggested that I should stop drinking alkaline water for the time being. Will heed her advice and see how it goes.

1 comment:

puayai said...

let's hope for good results. take care.